July 31, 2004

Interesting Iraqi Soldier's Blog

"Since I've been here they've constantly asked me to re-enlist, and every time I tell them 'No way-Jose.' ... They have all sorts of crazy re-enlistment plans going on now, one of them is extending for another one year tour out here with the guys that are replacing us. You get an extra tax free grand a month if you do. I told em I wouldn't do another year here for an extra 30 grand a month, tax free. They asked me, well what plans do you have when you get out of the Army? Do you know how hard it is finding a job now? I honestly have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do when I get out, but one of my favorite movies is Taxi Driver with Deniro, so I told em I thought about maybe being a cab driver in NYC..."

The blog is called MY WAR and it has a HUGE legal disclaimer!

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive