August 31, 2005

Time For A Change

Wow, Hurricane Katrina really is powerful. After mounting criticism that recalled his do-nothing response to 9/11, George W. Bush - who was playing golf, eating cake and strumming guitar yesterday as the storm slammed into the Gulf - has cut short his five week holiday (by a whole day) and headed back to Washington.

And with that news, it's time for Cindy Sheehan to hit the road:
I must admit when I sat down in the ditch on August 6th, I thought to myself: "Self, what the hell did you do? Texas in August? A ditch filled with fire ants, rattle snakes, and chiggers? Pooping in a bucket? Dodging lightening bolts and heat exhaustion? But I knew I would have to suffer it through to the end. I knew that the people of Iraq and our soldiers have it far worse than we did. I thought as long as I could have plenty of water and an occasional shower at the Peace House, that I would survive.
So goodby Camp Casey, hello to the Bring Them Home Now Tour (click the link for a map and dates).

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive