February 01, 2007

RAISE MORE HELL!

Rest in peace, Molly Ivins.
I have a grandly dramatic vision of myself stalking through the canyons of the Big Apple in the rain and cold, dreaming about driving with the soft night air of East Texas rushing on my face while Willie Nelson sings softly on the radio, or about blasting through the Panhandle under a fierce sun and pale blue sky….I’ll remember, I’ll remember…sunsets, rivers, hills, plains, the Gulf, woods, a thousand beers in a thousand joints, and sunshine and laughter. And people. Mostly I’ll remember people.
Tributes from Alternet and the Nation.

3 comments:

Vigilante said...

We are afflicted with misleaders. Bush, Cheney, Blair, and Olmert: Axis of evil. Impeach, impeach, impeach and impeach.

Vigilante said...

Molly is gone?

Jaraparilla said...

Molly is gone. From her final column:

"We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders. And every single day, every single one of us needs to step outside and take some action to help stop this war. Raise hell... We need people in the streets, banging pots and pans and demanding, "Stop it, now!""

Pages

Blog Archive