June 25, 2007

Bush (Over And) Out?

I know, I know. I am neglecting this blog. But I am focussed on getting rid of my own Bush-loving government in Australia.

I mean, what more is there for a non-US blogger like me to say about Bush? Everything you need to know (and much more) is available somewhere on this blog, or via the links (like TPM, Juan Cole, ICH, Alternet, and antiwar.com).

From my point of view, the case against Bush and his cronies has been closed for some time. Bush is polling in the gutter now, largely thanks to years of scrutiny from blogs like this one (and this one!), plus the blatantly obvious failures of his own policies. Bringing such public attention to Bush's criminally immoral administration was my original intention when I started this blog: now it's up to the people of the USA to deliver the coup de grace.

Bush doesn't give a shit about his low poll numbers. He and his Big Money friends are doing just fine, thank you very much. It's now up to the people of the USA to do something! Get off you ass, get active, and make sure the NEXT administration (and the NEXT, and the NEXT...) is not just as bad as this one.

If you are looking for a place to start, I suggest y'all take a good long look at this link. Explains a lot, doesn't it? Now what are you going to DO about it?

Come on! Bush is the symptom of a very sick society: you guys have a lot of work to do!

The USA remains (for now) the world's only superpower. The collective failure of the US people to act against the criminal Bush administration has had an extremely negative ripple effect around the world. Conversely, if the USA can get its own house in order, and show the world what truth, justice and real Democracy is all about, then perhaps - just perhaps - the inspiring dream that once was "America" might yet live again.

2 comments:

Bukko Boomeranger said...

So this is your OTHER blog. Well said, and all true, but I wonder "WHY?"

Because you're Owstryun, I can see the motivation for the "I Hate Howard" blog. And certainly Bush deserves all the invective and expose you have compiled here. But why does an Aussie expend the effort on Bush, aside from the fact that he's a potentially world-destroying monster? I checked some of your inaugural months' posts to get a clue, but none, aside from the general outrage of a conscious citizen of the world.

Alas, I cannot echo your exhortations to Americans to DO SOMETHING! I exhorted until I almost went into pulmonary oedema whilst I was there. The people that my wife and I hung around with in left-wing San Francisco were upset, but relatively few would even join us in the pointless protest marches. The rightists, including my mother and my wife's brother, dug their heels in harder with every new offence by the Cheney Death Cult. They couldn't counter our indictments of the devils they had voted for -- twice! -- so they did the equivalent to plugging their fingers in their ears and shouting "I can't HEEEEEAR you!" And the mass of people were vaguely perturbed by the way things were going, but most of them adopted an attitude familiar to Aussies: "can't be bothered." And as long as there is food on the shelves and petrol in the bowsers, they won't do anything.

We gave up on America. Are you familiar with the Arabic word "hejira"? Means "flight from sin" which is something Mohammed supposedly did, I think on the time he rode his magic horse from Arabia to Jerusalem overnight and then leapt up to heaven. It was also the title of a Joanie Mitchell album from the 1970s, which is the only reason I know the word.

Anyway, coming to Australia is our hejira. We were just SO weary of knowing what was going on, and paying taxes into the system that perpetuated it, and feeling like the axe was going to fall at any minute. Because it is. We believe the U.S. economy is going to implode when the rest of the world decides that the deficit-degraded dollar is a piece of poo ticket (thanks "Kenny") that Bush has wiped his bum with for six years. And sad to say this about my homeland, but I don't think it's worth fighting for any more. It deserves what's going to happen.

We got our bodies (and our money)out while the getting was good. When the U.S. collapses, it's going to take a lot of the world down with it. Australia might not be perfect (piss on yer speed cameras and random police checkpoints!) but when it hits the fan, I think people here will pull together better than they will in other parts of the world. Especially the U.S.

It's a hate-ridden, gun-filled land already. When push comes to shove, shove will come to punch, and punch will be answered with semi-automatic rounds from a 9 mm Glock.

I don't know how old you are, Gandhi, but I've reached almost half a century, and I expect to live long enough to see some AMAZINGLY atrocious things happening inside the U.S. I don't want to, and I hope I'm being a paranoid nutter in my predictions. But I'd rather be watching from a safe distance.

I too prefer the path of life instead of death. But the latter is the legacy that George Bush will leave the country he pretended to lead.

Jaraparilla said...

Surely you can understand why I started this blog, Bukko - Australia followed the USA into Iraq and we are going to follow it all the way down the S-bend unless (a) the USA changes direction, or (b) Australia makes a clean break from Washington.

What's more, in a globalized world, nobody is immune from what happens in the USA. Bush's actions today will impact my kids's lives more than Howards' IMHO.

We Aussies fought beside the USA in WWII and the Cold War - for what? Now we are being overwhelmed by US-style Fascism and helping create a new Hot War against radical Islam.

How do we stop this madness? I thought I could make a difference blogging against Bush, but he won in '04 anyway and things just got worse and worse. Is there nothing more that can be done? I don't think so, but I also don't think battling Bush himself is my fight anymore.

I helped knock him to his knees: it's up to US citizens now to finish his administration off. But the real question is what replaces him?

The US billionaires and the EU billionaires and the China and Russian and Arab billionaires are all part of one big club now, and that is our common enemy. From where I stand today, the first step in battling that is getting rid of Howard. Then I might go back to my OTHER OTHER blog, Riding The Juggernaut (assuming George Soros hasn't contracted my services by then - heh).

From my first post there:

"I think there is not one simple solution: that task is huge and the solution is manifold. It requires a whole lot of people pushing from a whole lot of angles – from within political parties, media groups, and other social avenues. It requires books and TV shows and radio and songs and lectures and sidewalk conversations and Sunday afternoon cups of tea, movies and protests and banners and badges and - yes - blogs."

Pages

Blog Archive