October 23, 2008

Song For George



I love this song, it is just so powerful. I have thought of it often over the past five years, and if I had the time I might make a Youtube video with flashes of Bush's early popularity moments, contrasted with images of him handling Katrina (or not), Iraq, the economy crashing, etc. Maybe finish with a picture of him and Barney, walking away towards a helicopter on the White House lawn, hanging their heads.

And for anyone who (like me) has been emotionally drained by fighting against the Bush GOP machine, and (like me) needs a little time out, or maybe a long time out, here's another Taj Mahal song. I can't find the original, but this cover kinda makes you want to go pick up a guitar, doesn't it? Hey, WP?

1 comment:

Bukko Boomeranger said...

but this cover kinda makes you want to go pick up a guitar, doesn't it?

Only if it's a guitar that has a sticker like Woody Guthrie's...

Pages

Blog Archive