Forget about drawing parallels with Nazi Germany. As Newsweek reports, George W. Bush is now living in a parallel universe.
“The more progress we make on the ground, the more free the Iraqis become, the more electricity is available, the more jobs are available, the more kids that are going to school, the more desperate these killers become,” El Busho said on Monday, “because they can’t stand the thought of a free society.”
Remember why those Al-Quaeda terrorists hit the World Trade Centre? It wasn't because they grew up in a repressed Saudi environment where the USA was aiding and abetting their tyrannical leaders for the sake of safe access to oil. It was because they "can't stand freedom".
Bush says the violence in Iraq is "leveling.” That implies that the current, escalated level of violence is going to be maintained for some time.
“What the terrorists would like is for people to focus only on the conditions which create fear, and that is the death and the toll being taken.”
In other words, anyone who criticizes the US adventure in Iraq - or even describes the violence, misery and carnage - is assisting the terrorists.
When asked how he will defend his policies at the next election, Bush replied:
“The world is more peaceful and free under my leadership.”
If US voters buy that line, they can all go live with Bush in his parallel universe. Just get him the hell out of MY universe.
- November (37)
- October (27)
- September (53)
- August (36)
- July (41)
- June (61)
- May (62)
- April (64)
- March (20)
- February (1)
- January (19)
- December (16)
- November (18)
- October (12)
- September (15)
- August (15)
- March (1)
- February (52)
- January (56)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (34)
- April (39)
- March (79)
- February (83)
- January (107)
- December (140)
- November (178)
- October (251)
- September (177)
- August (211)
- July (164)
- June (159)
- May (272)
- April (120)
- March (133)
- February (179)
- January (170)
- December (85)
- November (149)
- October (173)
- September (167)
- August (122)
- July (107)
- June (64)
- May (54)
- April (94)
- March (68)
- February (80)
- January (81)
- December (67)
- November (174)
- October (140)
- September (142)
- August (192)
- July (253)
- June (166)
- May (146)
- April (120)
- March (181)
- February (123)
- January (24)
- December (27)
- November (32)
- Oil Wars Are Not Inevitable The Economist magaz...
- Bizzaro Busho Forget about drawing parallels wi...
- Three Threes Of Iraq: Let's start with three Bu...
- Dark Dreams I am always very sceptical about co...
- Bush In Oz OK. I wasn't going to write about W'...
- Have you ever heard of Tajikistan, Kyrgistan and U...
- Bits And Pieces: Bush ignores Canadian PM. Afte...
- Culturally Insensitive Are USAmericans* the mos...
- More news on the dangers of electronic voting: ...
- The Inevitable Decline Of Empire We live such s...
- Clinton warned Bush of bin Laden threat Reute...
- Does Anybody Out There Even Care? Lately there ...
- Now this is strange. Just as George W. Bush ge...
- In the Middle East, a Peace Plan Blossoms From Now...
- Now This Really Pisses Me Off: "US soldiers dri...
- Another Bad News Day This is the world that Geo...
- Good News On Iraq? Not. As part of the Bush Adm...
- Hunting For Bad Guys The Bush Administration on...
- Powell On The Up Well blow me down and clamp my...
- Rumsfeld To Be Sacrificed? There are signs that...
- Hypocrites and Parasites Jesus said: "You have ...
- Crisis in the White House America is getting p...
- Michael Moore's 7 Questions for George W. Bush ...
- Schwarzennegger To Terminate $9 billion Lawsuit ...
- Corporate Control George W. Bush is the first O...
- CIA Setup? So here's the story. Apparently, som...
- US Accountability? We Don't Talk About That. Fo...
- The Real Reason Why Bush Went To War In Iraq Ac...
- George W. Bush's Next Speech to the UN "Being A...
- Bad Intentions Are Not Good Enough US inspector...
- Sheer Hypocrisy Just as Tony Blair's UK cabinet...
- Who fingered Joe Wilson's wife? Who was behind...
- September (36)
- August (31)
- July (37)
- June (23)
- May (3)
- February (1)