April 15, 2004

Editor and Publisher has the complete text of Bush's response to a question asking if he had any regrets about mistakes in Iraq:

'I wish you'd given me this as a written question ahead of time so I could have planned for it. Uh ... [looks up, pauses, shakes head] ... John -- I'm sure historians will look back and say 'he could have done it better this way or that way' but ... [shakes head] ... I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference and all the pressure to come up with an answer but it hasn't yet. ...'

After saying that if he had to do it all over again he would still attack Afghanistan and invade Iraq despite not finding any WMDS -- and reminding us they might 'still be there' -- he returned to the question at hand: 'I don't want to sound like I haven't made any mistakes, but you just put me on the spot here and maybe I'm just not as quick on my feet in coming up with one.'"

Pages

Blog Archive