March 16, 2004

Protestors Come Out On The Streets

About 80 protestors, including relatives of soldiers who dies in Iraq, staged a mock funeral procession through the streets of Washington.

"Jean Prewitt, came from Birmingham, Alabama. She says she has never before been an outspoken protester, but this time came to honor her son, Private Kelley Stephen Prewitt, who was killed outside of Baghdad last April.

Ms. Prewitt adds that she initially supported President Bush and the Iraq war. 'I did. Even when Kelley was killed, I did. I wasn't angry,' he said. 'I was just devastated and heartbroken, but I didn't blame anybody. I thought it was the right thing. I certainly don't now.'

She says her anger was recently sparked by the failure, in post-war Iraq, to find weapons of mass destruction. 'After we found out, after all these months, that Bush had lied. There were no weapons like he said..."

Pages

Blog Archive