February 13, 2007

Iraq Is Great, But I Dunno About Pop...

Bush 43 on Bush 41:
"I'm more concerned about him than I've ever been in my life because he's been paying too much attention to the news."
He doesn't seem too worried about anything else:
President Bush said this morning that a full schedule had, alas, so far prevented him from following any of the Congressional debate on the troop escalation in Iraq.

"In terms of watching the debate, I've got a lot to do," he told C-SPAN. "I've had meetings up until now."

After being apprised that the debate had not actually started yet -- and wouldn't until Tuesday, after yet another delay -- he laughed and said, "I've got a lot to do tomorrow," too, as luck would have it.

Anyway, he had a pretty good idea of what he would hear if he did listen, he said, and laughed again, as he did throughout what would have otherwise not seemed a particularly jolly interview.
Whaddaya reckon? Prozac?

From a review by Melinda Henneberger.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive