PS: When I say "brief", I mean crap. But I was taken with the idea that the wingnuts got in first with Drudge et al. I wasn't really on-board back then, but you could see what was happening by the way the media grabbed onto these "bloggers" as a reliable source of news that they themselves could not report (mostly because it was not true). Thereafter, rightwing blogger fantasies and lies became the norm - they never even bothered with reality, just snark and talking points.
The leftwing bloggers OTOH held each other to task - at least to some meaningful extent - as far as facts, science and truth were concerned.
Therein lies a tale.
- ► 2009 (421)
- Imagine All The People
- Did We Win?
- A Brief History Of US Political Netizenship
- Chagos: Pilger Stays On The Story
- $5,000,000,000,000.00 and counting...
- What If?
- Still Playing Trickle-Down Economics
- $7.76 Trillion: Heckuva Job, George
- A dirty background | Antony Loewenstein
- He's still drinking.
- At 00:17
- Nobody Loves You When You're Down And Out
- Obama Wins
- 24 Hours To Go
- How To Vote
- "Sprinting Towards The Finish Line"
- Where Are They Now?
- Bye Bye Cynthia?
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2007 (361)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)