November 28, 2008

A Brief History Of US Political Netizenship

Citizenship 2.0

PS: When I say "brief", I mean crap. But I was taken with the idea that the wingnuts got in first with Drudge et al. I wasn't really on-board back then, but you could see what was happening by the way the media grabbed onto these "bloggers" as a reliable source of news that they themselves could not report (mostly because it was not true). Thereafter, rightwing blogger fantasies and lies became the norm - they never even bothered with reality, just snark and talking points.

The leftwing bloggers OTOH held each other to task - at least to some meaningful extent - as far as facts, science and truth were concerned.

Therein lies a tale.

1 comment:

Bukko Boomeranger said...

So why is Michael Moore repeating crap? I (sadly) expect crap from the Washington Post, but not passed on by Moore. Interesting to note that it would describe the Freepers as grass-roots. They're noxious weeds, but they do act in a non-hierarchical way. Unfortunately, left bloogers are like herding cats. Oops -- I misspelled "bloogers." But I like it. I'll leave it that way.

Pages

Blog Archive