November 27, 2008

What If?

This is, at least potentially, the best piece of news I have seen in a long time:
“What we are going to do is combine experience with fresh thinking,” Mr. Obama said, speaking at his third news conference here in three days. “But understand where the vision for change comes from first and foremost: It comes from me.”
What if, what if, what if....?

What if you always had your own ideas about what needed to be done, but recognized that you could never do it on your own (as I and countless other bloggers have fruitlessly tried to do)?

What if you allied yourself with the powers that be purely as a marriage of convenience, till you were able to ...?

NAHHHH! I don't believe it either!

But what if...?

What if Paul Volker is just there to clean out the trash?

What if all those other "experienced" Obama appointments are just there to steady the markets, seize control of the various departments that have been decimated, and then hand over control to new appointments when the time is right?

What is this is the revolution right here? Not so much because that's what Obama planned, but because that's what the times demand, and because Obama - for all his failings - is smart enough to read the writing on the wall?

OK, Bukko - you have your comments back! Just be warned, nobody but you and me is here any more. And I'm not even sure about me...!

UPDATE:
"I've already told Obama: On Nov. 5, I'm coming after you. It's not you the person, it's the policies of this country. And as long as you are presiding over policies that grind God's people into the earth, I'm coming after you."
-- Rev. Jeremiah Wright

2 comments:

Jaraparilla said...

And if you are stupid enough to read the comments, you probably want to read this post by Herr Friedman:

"That’s how we got here — a near total breakdown of responsibility at every link in our financial chain, and now we either bail out the people who brought us here or risk a total systemic crash. These are the wages of our sins. I used to say our kids will pay dearly for this. But actually, it’s our problem. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/opinion/26friedman.html?_r=1&em

Bukko Boomeranger said...

So didja see my comment? I'd link it, but that would seem too whorish. It's up at the top of the editors' choices. Snark from Down Undah!

Pages

Blog Archive