March 11, 2005

Bush's Cowboy In The UN

Sidney Blumenthal has more choice quotes from Bush's new UN rep John Bolton:
"I'm with the Bush-Cheney team, and I'm here to stop the count."
(bursting into the room where Miami-Dade County ballots were being counted in 2000)

"If I were redoing the security council today, I'd have one permanent member because that's the real reflection of the distribution of power in the world."

"The happiest moment of my government service" - sending a letter notifying the UN secretary general, Kofi Annan, of the decision to renounce the USA's signature on the 1998 Rome statute that created the International Criminal Court.
Not surprisingly, given how the USA has protected Israel from international condemnation in the UN for decades, Bolton is also very popular in Tel Aviv.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive