November 28, 2005

Words...

My favourite blogger at Kos is Hunter, who seems to be feeling the same sense of exasperation as I have been lately:
We are a divided country, and we are divided for very good reasons, and we will, apparently, remain divided, and there is no website, or newspaper, or leader, or partisan hack, or luminous expert, or sodden git, or secret plan, or political operation, or Truth of God that will mend the breach.

We simply do not believe the same truths anymore. And I, for one, have no patience left. With every injury, passing or substantial, deserved or unexpected, on the Bush administration -- which is, to hear tell of it, our everlasting bane, and their savior -- the Algernons revert more and more into descending, primal states. And I, in truth, among them.

I have no patience for this nonsense. I do not wish to know any person not exasperated by these times, or any man that will defend them. I do not wish to discuss morality with fans of addicts, or legality with clans led by criminals, or intellectual conundrums with wandering herds of thundering morons.

I will say it with pride, in case I were to die in the night and leave it unsaid, and if necessary I will make it my epitaph:

George W. Bush is simply an idiot, an incompetent, and a hollow fart of a man.
If the USA were full of people like Hunter, there would be no need for people like Hunter. As it is, his eloquence, intelligence and sheer frothing rage are a constant inspiration, and a comfort.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive