October 07, 2005

Bush: A Prophet, A Drunk Or Just An Idiot?

A BBC program, “Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arab,” features interviews with top Palestinian officials who claim that in a meeting in June 2003, Bush said:
I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it.
Scott McLellan says that the claim is "absurd". I think that is White House code for "true" these days. McLellan admits he wasn't at the meeting in question but adds, "I've been in many meetings with the President with world leaders where he's talked about this..."

How do you explain this sort of thing? Well, I just happen to have another window open on my desktop right now...
That Bush continued to hit the sauce after taking the pledge explains a good deal of his weird behavior, one minute scared s—tless, the next, after a secret swig of Early Times, inflated with Texas swagger.

One minute Bush goes limp with fright when desperate aides inform him that planes have crashed in the World Trade Center; the next minute, stiff with bravado, he boasts of his resolve to get Osama “dead or alive.” One minute, when he hears Hurricane Katrina howling, he cringes like a scaredy-cat behind his Mama; after a few pops of Old Granddad, he’s full of phony bluster, telling his feckless FEMA chief, “Brownie, you’re doin’ a heckuva job.”

Other creepy traits of our commander-in-chief make sense when seen in the light of his unacknowledged alcoholism. There is his adolescent habit, for instance, of conferring nicknames on all who come within his ken...

Bush’s prolonged sousitude also explains his verbal miscues, his syntactical insurgencies, his grammatical catastrophes. It’s as if the bourbon marinade left deadly lacunae in his already diminutive brain, making it impossible for the most elementary thought to navigate its way through the decimated labyrinth of his frontal lobes.

Then there are the quirky smirks, the bug-eyed glares and goofy grimaces, his words and facial expressions so out of sync that you are reminded of a badly dubbed Japanese monster movie. Finally, what about all those lip gyrations when Bushie is under stress, the tiny mouth working this way and that as if it were engaged in attempting to remove the cap from a bottle? It must be the sauce.
UPDATE: The Palestinian who made the allegations of Bush's "God tole me.." quote backs up his claim here.

2 comments:

Wadard said...

Finally, what about all those lip gyrations when Bushie is under stress, the tiny mouth working this way and that as if it were engaged in attempting to remove the cap from a bottle? It must be the sauce.


Ha ha, I've noticed that. I've not see that in drinkers, but often with those on the Bolivian Marching Powder. That would also explain the bravado and bluster and collapsed synapses and jaw movements.

Winter Patriot said...

I'll go along with you on "drunk" and "idiot" but I have a tough time seeing him as a "prophet" ... yeah, Gandhi, I realize you were only kidding ... or at least I HOPE you were kidding! ;-)

Pages

Blog Archive