August 02, 2006

Neo-con Blog Watch

Looking back, I think I was wrong to suggest that "Iraq The Model" was a CIA front. But I was certainly right about one thing:
The "Iraq The Model" blog exists not for the sake of its authors or their fellow Iraqis, but for the sake of its many pro-war US visitors.
At the time, I didn't really understand the complex web of competing entities that exist within the halls of power in the USA. The CIA is just one of these, and they are not the sort of people to set up a miserable little PR blog like ITM.

For example, Cheney and Rumsfeld have a long history of battling the CIA. Within the CIA itself, there is an on-going civil war of sorts. The White House is basically in thrall to the neo-cons, who have their own widespread agenda. Then there's the State Department and a whole host of other groups, each pushing their own power trolley down the aisles of the superpower supermarket. And battles between these groups are waged on multiple fronts, with each new crisis eliciting new positions from each group. Only long-time, seasoned insiders have any real idea of what is really going on.

Over time, however, it has become clear that the Fadhil brothers have remained true to the vision of one group in particular, and that is the neo-cons. Remember, Paul Wolfowitz frequently used to cite ITM as an inspirational "good news" Website, and that was way back in 2003.

So it comes as no surprise that Ali Fadhil is again blogging at Free Iraqi as follows:
As horrible as it may seem I do wish the war between Israel and Hezbollah goes on and on, that it spreads to involve Iran and Syria. I feel terrible for the losses among the innocents, Lebanese and Israeli, but I think that this is the only way for them, and us to finally have some peace.
He wrote that back on July 18th. Prescient, hunh? And this bit could come straight out of Michael Ledeen's mouth:
Call me what you want but I say let it rage and rage until it burns all dictators and terrorists in the region. Just like I wished for war in my country I wish it for the Lebanese, Syrians and Iranians. God be with them and get the good souls out of it safe. This war is just another battle in the war on terror and we won't see peace in Iraq, we won't see democracy anywhere in the ME until this war is fought the right way, with full determination. With each battle fought it'll get easier and easier to win this war even if each battle looked like it's very hard to win on its own.
I hope I live long enough to discover the truth about the Fadhil brothers and their US supporters. The truth will out, as they say.

Pages

Blog Archive