January 19, 2006

Damn Right I've Got The Blues

Another victim. Eric Alterman gets those anti-Bush Blogger Blues:
I’m getting more than a little tired of writing this, as I’m sure you are of reading it. But I persist, boring even myself, because I feel strongly that deliberately misleading a democratic nation into war is not just wrong, but a crime—an act of evil that taints everyone whom it touches...

The story by itself is only one piece of the puzzle, but really, when you add it all up: the various memos that have since been revealed, the reliance on Chalabi and “Curveball,” that drunk, lying Czech spy who made up the “Prague” meeting, the blackballing and smearing of all internal critics who raised questions, the Downing Street Memo and the deliberate BS-ing of Powell and his people, the illegal wiretaps, the refusal to release the content of the transcripts demanded by Bolton, etc., the refusal to acknowledge the many, many ambiguities in the intelligence on WMDs, the refusal to plan for an insurgency or even the maintenance of law and order, the decision not to go after Zarqawri, I could go on and on and on, and I do, all the go-__am time, as I said, earlier, boring even myself...

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive