June 06, 2006

BE NOT AFRAID

How damn refreshing! Some real fighting words from Pachacutec via AlterNet:
Terror is an emotion. Emotions are part of human nature and cannot be eradicated. A "War on Terror" is therefore a war on humanity. The Bush administration has exploited the fear and shock of a nation in the wake of a surprising and dramatic act of violence to keep our fear and paranoia at a constant boil. Why?

The evidence suggests the whole point has been to seize power and steal money. We are witnessing a creeping coup in the United States, the overthrow of the idea, promulgated by our founders, and by writers like Tom Paine, that the "Law is King" ...

There is no "War on Terror." There is only a war on the law; a conscious destruction of the U.S. Constitution. This is not the first time right-wing interests have attempted to overthrow the U.S. government. An attempt was thwarted during the FDR administration. Then, as now, America's greatest enemies came from among the ranks of the ruling class.

Bushco has enslaved Americans into a psychological reign of "War on Terror" that amounts to a criminal protection racket. We are told we must be afraid. That is, we are told we must live in terror. This is to protect us from … terror. Then, because we feel terrified, we must give up our freedom -- freedom to write what we believe without fear of reprisal, freedom of due process and habeas corpus protection, freedom from secret intrusion into our private lives by government...

The "War on Terror" is a sham. You know what changed after Sept. 11th? We, the people of the United States, forgot how strong we are. We gave in to fear, when the only thing we should have feared was fear itself. Osama bin Laden wants you to be afraid. So does George Bush.

I know I'm not alone when I say I'm an American and I'm not afraid. I know I'm going to die. I accept that I'm going to die, no problem. What I do not accept and will not accept is the notion that I must live as a slave to fear for the purposes of craven, cowardly men who, in their time, pissed the bed instead of fighting an actual war, later to become powerful, using that power to line their pockets with my tax dollars. Give me liberty or give me death. Take your "terror" and shove it.

Pages

Blog Archive