August 02, 2006

Help John Howard Get A Clue

PM John Howard asks Australians to help him do his job:
"I mean if anybody says there's some magical solution to the high price of petrol in Australia, will you please ring the Lodge and I'll spend an hour all-ears listening to them."
Well, he IS a clever little bastard, isn't he? Because the phone number for the Lodge is not publicly available! IF you know it, please email me at bmail.com.au and I will be happy to explain how NOT INVADING MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES, IN CLEAR VIOLATION OF INTERNATIONAL LAW might help improve things a bit.

UPDATE: Unable to find a phone number, I emailed the PM instead. I suggest readers do likewise.
Mr Howard,

When asked about today's interest rate rise, you blamed it on rising petrol prices and said:

"I mean if anybody says there's some magical solution to the high price of petrol in Australia, will you please ring the Lodge and I'll spend an hour all-ears listening to them."

I tried to find a phone number for the Lodge, but without success. If a phone number is available, please let me know. Otherwise please call me on [number removed for privacy] and I will be very happy to spend an hour or more explaining to you how NOT ILLEGALLY INVADING MIDDLE EASTERN NATIONS might usefully contribute to lower oil prices around the globe.

I have never in my life been ashamed to be an Australian, but your government pushes me to the limits every day. Your continued failure to condemn Israel for it's assault on Lebanese civilians is only the latest instance of a morally bankrupt government in thrall to global business interests, foreign ideologues and domestic pressure groups.

Your departure from the Lodge cannot come soon enough.

Pages

Blog Archive