BRITISH Prime Minister Tony Blair was "tearing his hair out" over his inability to influence the Pentagon over postwar planning in Iraq, his former political secretary has claimed.If only he had walked down the corridor to the VP's office, everything could have been different!
Lady (Sally) Morgan, in an interview with The Guardian said: "We could talk to the US State Department and to the President, but we had no leverage over the Defence Department, and he (Donald Rumsfeld, the former US defence secretary) had been given the power to make decisions," she said. "It was up to Bush to do the right thing and be in charge, but he was not. Sometimes he (Blair) was tearing his hair out."
Lady Morgan said George Bush was "straight to deal with", and many of the best meetings with him were when he and Mr Blair were one to one. She added: "That is why Tony went to Washington so much. The video conference was no substitute."
May 12, 2007
Blair's Big Mistake
He was talking to the wrong guy:
Posted by Jaraparilla at 01:21
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Rats Jump Overboard: The Bush Administration Exodu...
- All The President's Men
- Y donde esta el cabron?
- US Motorists Drive To Mexico For Cheap Fuel
- Al Gore On The Loss Of Moral Authority
- What Are The Democrats Doing?
- How Do We Make The Hot Chick Talk?
- Bush Backs Embattled Fuhrer
- Tony's Last Sleepover At The White House
- WOLFOWITZ IS GONE AT LAST!
- Helen Thomas Says Goodbye To Blair
- Endgame: Cheney And Rove Seek Immunity From Prosec...
- The Hot Chick Is Back!
- By The Time You Read This, Wolfowitz Will Have Res...
- Gonzo And The Wolf: The Bitter End
- Why Karl Rove Cared About DOJ Attorneys
- Blair's Big Mistake
- Richard Perle: R.I.P.
- Iraqi "Lawmakers" Launch A Coup
- US House Of Reps Turns To Gandhi For Help
- What If Two "Nobodies" Ran For President in '08?
- The New Cold War
- Confessions Of An Anonymous Wingnut
- Before You Can Love Iraqis You Have To Love Yourse...
- Iraq Is Still Stuck In The Stone Age
- Condi's Cairo Dinner Date
- Is The Iraq War Already Winding Down?
- Gonzales Has Gotta Go
- Iraq Is Cheney's War
- Heroes Don't Resign, They Stand And Fight
- Innocents Abroad In Rough Neighbourhoods
- Juan Cole Slam Dunks George Tenet
- Is Wolfowitz Looking For An Exit?
- Chickenhawk Memo #4361: Embracing Our Fear Of "The...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)