President Bush's powerful adviser is one part spreadsheet-carrying, vote-counting political wonk, and one part no-holds-barred, brass-knuckled political operative.One thing that bugs me about such anti-GOP reporting on this matter is that it all-too-frequently ignores the fact that vote-rigging is a very real and very serious issue in Bush's USA: but it's not the Dems who are doing it!
Vote-counting Rove knows that -- particularly in battleground states, where a few votes can make all the difference -- every little bit helps. Brass-knuckled Rove has energetically used government power to meet political ends.
Vote-counting Rove has long been obsessed by voter fraud, either because (according to him) it threatens the integrity of the elections process or because (according to his critics) it gives Republicans an excuse to pursue measures that suppress poor and minority turnout. They also disagree on whether fraud is widespread (Rove) or rare (his critics).
And it's not hard to believe that brass-knuckled Rove decided at some point that politically appointed federal prosecutors were important tools in his bag of tricks -- tools that occasionally needed a little sharpening, or replacement.
May 15, 2007
Why Karl Rove Cared About DOJ Attorneys
Posted by Jaraparilla at 09:42
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Rats Jump Overboard: The Bush Administration Exodu...
- All The President's Men
- Y donde esta el cabron?
- US Motorists Drive To Mexico For Cheap Fuel
- Al Gore On The Loss Of Moral Authority
- What Are The Democrats Doing?
- How Do We Make The Hot Chick Talk?
- Bush Backs Embattled Fuhrer
- Tony's Last Sleepover At The White House
- WOLFOWITZ IS GONE AT LAST!
- Helen Thomas Says Goodbye To Blair
- Endgame: Cheney And Rove Seek Immunity From Prosec...
- The Hot Chick Is Back!
- By The Time You Read This, Wolfowitz Will Have Res...
- Gonzo And The Wolf: The Bitter End
- Why Karl Rove Cared About DOJ Attorneys
- Blair's Big Mistake
- Richard Perle: R.I.P.
- Iraqi "Lawmakers" Launch A Coup
- US House Of Reps Turns To Gandhi For Help
- What If Two "Nobodies" Ran For President in '08?
- The New Cold War
- Confessions Of An Anonymous Wingnut
- Before You Can Love Iraqis You Have To Love Yourse...
- Iraq Is Still Stuck In The Stone Age
- Condi's Cairo Dinner Date
- Is The Iraq War Already Winding Down?
- Gonzales Has Gotta Go
- Iraq Is Cheney's War
- Heroes Don't Resign, They Stand And Fight
- Innocents Abroad In Rough Neighbourhoods
- Juan Cole Slam Dunks George Tenet
- Is Wolfowitz Looking For An Exit?
- Chickenhawk Memo #4361: Embracing Our Fear Of "The...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)