January 10, 2006

The War On Trolls

I hate it when stupid politicians make stupid laws about cyberspace, or other subjects on which they quite obviously have no real knowledge and no credibility. Would you believe that anonymously "annoying" people on the Internet is now a crime in the USA. And just how did such a ridiculous law get passed? Yep, it's the old "buried-in-a-bill" trick again:
To grease the rails for this idea, Sen. Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, and the section's other sponsors slipped it into an unrelated, must-pass bill to fund the Department of Justice. The plan: to make it politically infeasible for politicians to oppose the measure.

The tactic worked. The bill cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote, and the Senate unanimously approved it Dec. 16.
I suggest enraged readers go tell Senator Specter and his colleagues exactly what they think of this stupid law - anonymously of course!

UPDATE: A little much-appreciated love for the Gandhi-man from the scattered debris of one of Chrenkoff's last posts (the Star Wars thing):
I agree with Ghandi. Perhaps it takes 'trolls' (which he certainly isn't one: check it out- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll) like him to shake up all the yes-men out there who like to think of President Bush as a noble and heroic leader.

It is possible to love America, and love democracy, and love everything that makes this country great AND HATE GEORGE W. Why this fact is so easy to ignore amazes me.

There are no absolutes here. Bush leaves me wanting for a more inspiring leader that doesn't pander to religionists nor 'police' the world. But that doesn't mean I am anti-American nor does it mean I don't deserve to live in this country of my birth.

Thanks Ghandi!
bastion | 05.23.05 - 10:41 pm | #
Hey, folks: whatever happened to Arthur Chrenkoff anyway? I'm suspecting that he was picked up by one of these professional pro-Bush media outfits like Direct Marketing. I have been Googling his old boss, Senator Brett Mason, with little luck.

Any help appreciated: email me with any news. It's one of my New Years Resolutions to track the bastard down.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive