December 13, 2006

Rumsfeld: There Is No War On Terror

Exit Rumsfeld, stage right, still talking shit:
I don't think I would have called it the war on terror. I don't mean to be critical of those who have. Certainly, I have used the phrase frequently. Why do I say that? Because the word 'war' conjures up World War II more than it does the Cold War. It creates a level of expectation of victory and an ending within 30 or 60 minutes of a soap opera. It isn't going to happen that way. Furthermore, it is not a 'war on terror.' Terror is a weapon of choice for extremists who are trying to destabilize regimes and (through) a small group of clerics, impose their dark vision on all the people they can control. So 'war on terror' is a problem for me.

2 comments:

Wadard said...

What a wanker - as he said he used it time and time again - what he only now realises the logic problems with the terms?

Wadard said...

term

Pages

Blog Archive