March 07, 2006

US Out Now

Gary Hart:
Our army is in danger. If all-out civil war breaks out, we could lose our army. If Sunnis and Shiites take to the streets by the thousands, it could literally be impossible to get [the soldiers] out. ... I know that sounds apocalyptic, but it's not out of the question. We need an exit strategy. We have no choice. We're making things worse. Ninety percent of the insurgents are Iraqis who don't like the fact that we have occupied their country. ...

I know we can't just pack up and leave right away, but we're still acting as if we hold all the cards over there. We don't. We're losing control of the situation. ... The British occupied Iraq for 35 years and finally had to leave because there was a constant insurgency against them. We haven't learned anything.
The article includes a now-rather-embarrassing 2002 quote from El Busho Loco to Bob Woodward:
"I'm the commander, see? I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."
UPDATE: It's not every day a blog like this gets linked by the official Website of the US Military. So welcome and howdy to all you soldiers out there.

I hope this blog will help you re-evaluate what you are doing with your lives, whether violence ever really solves anything, whether the mission in Iraq is justified, and just what the hell is happening in Washington, DC these days.

For a fuller picture (exhaustingly detailed) I suggest you read this book:

The War on Truth: 9/11, Disinformation and the Anatomy of Terrorism.

Or read up on the history of the Bush family here.

I know a lot of you guys are only young, but you have a duty to inform yourself about how you are being used and why.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive