The Sunni organization al-Qaeda is not going to take over Shiite dominated Iraq...
In recent months "fighting them over there" has morphed into "If we withdraw, they will follow us here." Pish. How are they going to get here--hide in our troops' luggage? Swim? Wind surf? Jump?
Despite what Bush the younger tells us, the oceans do, in fact, still protect us. Nobody has an army large enough to invade and occupy the United States, and they certainly don't have a navy or air force capable of transporting a force that size across the Atlantic or Pacific. Even if they did, we could sink them and/or shoot them down before they got halfway here.
Yes, terrorists might still sneak through our borders and ports in drips and drabs like the 9/11 perpetrators did, but nothing we're doing militarily in the Middle East is preventing that from happening. That's Homeland Security's job, and if Homeland Security can't keep terrorists from infiltrating our country, why does it even exist?
Young Mr. Bush exhorts us to show "resolve" in the Middle East. But the kind of resolve we're showing in the Middle East is the kind of resolve it takes to throw yourself in front of a moving bus, and then lie there while the bus continues to roll back and forth over you.
March 22, 2007
al-Qaeda is not going to take over Iraq
Posted by Jaraparilla at 10:49
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Bush Cites Fadhils For Proof Of "Success" In Iraq!...
- WSJ's New Writers: The Fadhil Bros
- Thanks For Nothing, Karl
- Death Inside The Green Zone
- Gandhi Goes Live At The Smirking Chimp
- Will Bush Veto?
- The Monica in Bush's future
- What If It's Already Too Late To Impeach?
- Dylan Thomas: Do not go gentle into that good nigh...
- Bush Gets Drunk, Goes On TV Chat Show
- Abu's Last Words?
- Go Josh Go!
- Gonzales' Republican support erodes - Yahoo! News
- Bush Spits The Dummy
- New Developments in the U.S. Attorney Controversy
- White Hot Rage
- Mortar Hits Green Zone While UN Head Does A Presse...
- Progressive Dems Back Down On "Anti-war" Bill
- The Constitution Is Just A Piece Of Paper
- Josh Marshall Must Die
- No More "New Realities"?
- No Email To Trace?
- al-Qaeda is not going to take over Iraq
- A Deal Is Done
- What will become of Iraq's children?
- Meanwhile In the Islamic State of Iraq
- Karma Calls: Debra Yang
- Gonzales’s Fall, Bush’s Impeachment?
- Bush's Boy In Baghdad
- BushWorld: A Failed Experiment
- Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
- Rove and Abu G: Last Of The Texas Mafia
- Bush's Top Ten Mistakes in Iraq during the Past 4 ...
- Stephen Morris: Mea Culpa Minimalis
- Neocons in Cheney's Office Fund al Qaeda-Tied Grou...
- "Sovereign" Iraq?
- The Walls Start To Crumble
- Goosey Goosey Gander
- Bush's GOP: Shocked, Shocked At Voter Fraud
- Antiwar Demonstrations
- Bush In Deep Denial Over Gonzales
- Baghdad Under Surge
- The War Of Error
- A Dangerous Game Of Chicken
- Iraq War Timeline: Four Long Years
- Bizarro Logic
- CurveBall Is Alive And Well
- Iraq: Where Are The Dems?
- It's All About Bush
- Gandhi has fun with racist wingnuts
- Abu G: Stalling For Time
- Dylan Hears A Who!
- In The Line Of Firing
- The 'Surge' In Propaganda
- The Way Out?
- Former Iraq minister denies theft of millions
- Who You Gonna Call?
- The Once And Future King
- Adios, Senor Gonzales
- What Is It With The GOP And Gays?
- The Failed Attorney General
- A Cloud Over The White House
- Bush visits South America
- Who's Watching Gandhi?
- Do The Right Thing
- Quelle Surprise!
- The Power Behind The Bush Throne
- Questions In The Wake Of The Libby Trial
- Libby Goes Down. Who's Next?
- Friends Like These
- Iraqi PM orders probe of British prison raid
- Wes Clark: 2001 Memo Planned War On Seven Countrie...
- Bush Back At 29%
- Blair Suggests Complete UK Pullout
- The Last Straw?
- Stocks Drop: Now Three Days Straight
- GWOT = George W's Own Terrorism
- Call Me Doug
- For Whom Steve Bell Tolls
- ▼ March (79)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)