Over all, Mr. Bush’s job approval remains at one of its lowest points, with 29 percent of all Americans saying they approve of the way he is doing his job, compared with 34 percent at the end of October. Sixty-one percent disapproved, compared with 58 percent in October, within the margin of sampling error.Still gotta wonder what it would take to turn that final 29% around. Impeachment, probably, would be good for starters...
Twenty-three percent of those polled approved of the way Mr. Bush is dealing with the situation in Iraq. Twenty-five percent approved of his handling of foreign policy.
Even the president’s campaign against terrorism, long his signature issue, is seen positively by only 40 percent of those polled, while 53 percent disapprove.
Three-quarters of those polled say things are going badly for the United States in Iraq, and only 23 percent say the efforts to bring stability and order to Iraq are going well.
Seventy percent, including 52 percent of Republicans, say there is not much the United States military can do to reduce the sectarian fighting in Iraq.
Over all, 23 percent of the public say the country is going in the right direction and 68 percent see it as “on the wrong track.”
March 04, 2007
Posted by Jaraparilla at 21:33
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Bush Cites Fadhils For Proof Of "Success" In Iraq!...
- WSJ's New Writers: The Fadhil Bros
- Thanks For Nothing, Karl
- Death Inside The Green Zone
- Gandhi Goes Live At The Smirking Chimp
- Will Bush Veto?
- The Monica in Bush's future
- What If It's Already Too Late To Impeach?
- Dylan Thomas: Do not go gentle into that good nigh...
- Bush Gets Drunk, Goes On TV Chat Show
- Abu's Last Words?
- Go Josh Go!
- Gonzales' Republican support erodes - Yahoo! News
- Bush Spits The Dummy
- New Developments in the U.S. Attorney Controversy
- White Hot Rage
- Mortar Hits Green Zone While UN Head Does A Presse...
- Progressive Dems Back Down On "Anti-war" Bill
- The Constitution Is Just A Piece Of Paper
- Josh Marshall Must Die
- No More "New Realities"?
- No Email To Trace?
- al-Qaeda is not going to take over Iraq
- A Deal Is Done
- What will become of Iraq's children?
- Meanwhile In the Islamic State of Iraq
- Karma Calls: Debra Yang
- Gonzales’s Fall, Bush’s Impeachment?
- Bush's Boy In Baghdad
- BushWorld: A Failed Experiment
- Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
- Rove and Abu G: Last Of The Texas Mafia
- Bush's Top Ten Mistakes in Iraq during the Past 4 ...
- Stephen Morris: Mea Culpa Minimalis
- Neocons in Cheney's Office Fund al Qaeda-Tied Grou...
- "Sovereign" Iraq?
- The Walls Start To Crumble
- Goosey Goosey Gander
- Bush's GOP: Shocked, Shocked At Voter Fraud
- Antiwar Demonstrations
- Bush In Deep Denial Over Gonzales
- Baghdad Under Surge
- The War Of Error
- A Dangerous Game Of Chicken
- Iraq War Timeline: Four Long Years
- Bizarro Logic
- CurveBall Is Alive And Well
- Iraq: Where Are The Dems?
- It's All About Bush
- Gandhi has fun with racist wingnuts
- Abu G: Stalling For Time
- Dylan Hears A Who!
- In The Line Of Firing
- The 'Surge' In Propaganda
- The Way Out?
- Former Iraq minister denies theft of millions
- Who You Gonna Call?
- The Once And Future King
- Adios, Senor Gonzales
- What Is It With The GOP And Gays?
- The Failed Attorney General
- A Cloud Over The White House
- Bush visits South America
- Who's Watching Gandhi?
- Do The Right Thing
- Quelle Surprise!
- The Power Behind The Bush Throne
- Questions In The Wake Of The Libby Trial
- Libby Goes Down. Who's Next?
- Friends Like These
- Iraqi PM orders probe of British prison raid
- Wes Clark: 2001 Memo Planned War On Seven Countrie...
- Bush Back At 29%
- Blair Suggests Complete UK Pullout
- The Last Straw?
- Stocks Drop: Now Three Days Straight
- GWOT = George W's Own Terrorism
- Call Me Doug
- For Whom Steve Bell Tolls
- ▼ March (79)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)