Okay, enough. The president fired US Attorneys to stymie investigations of Republicans and punish US Attorneys who didn't harass Democrats with bogus voter fraud prosecutions. In the former instance, the evidence remains circumstantial. But in the latter the evidence is clear, overwhelming and undeniable.That's exactly what it is. The battle lines have been drawn. Where do YOU stand?
Indeed, it is so undeniable the president hismelf does not deny it.
The president himself says that in some cases US Attorneys were dismissed because they were too lax in prosecuting election fraud. What he does not say -- but what we know directly from the accounts of the players involved -- is that these were cases in which Republican operatives and activists complained to the White House and Republican members of Congress that certain US Attorneys weren't convening grand juries or issuing indictments against Democrats, even though these were cases where all the available evidence suggests there was no wrongdoing prosecuted...
Back up a bit from the sparks flying over executive privilege and congressional testimony and you realize that these are textbook cases of the party in power interfering or obstructing the administration of justice for narrowly partisan purposes. It's a direct attack on the rule of law.
March 22, 2007
No More "New Realities"?
Josh Marshall calls bullshit:
Posted by Jaraparilla at 15:08
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Bush Cites Fadhils For Proof Of "Success" In Iraq!...
- WSJ's New Writers: The Fadhil Bros
- Thanks For Nothing, Karl
- Death Inside The Green Zone
- Gandhi Goes Live At The Smirking Chimp
- Will Bush Veto?
- The Monica in Bush's future
- What If It's Already Too Late To Impeach?
- Dylan Thomas: Do not go gentle into that good nigh...
- Bush Gets Drunk, Goes On TV Chat Show
- Abu's Last Words?
- Go Josh Go!
- Gonzales' Republican support erodes - Yahoo! News
- Bush Spits The Dummy
- New Developments in the U.S. Attorney Controversy
- White Hot Rage
- Mortar Hits Green Zone While UN Head Does A Presse...
- Progressive Dems Back Down On "Anti-war" Bill
- The Constitution Is Just A Piece Of Paper
- Josh Marshall Must Die
- No More "New Realities"?
- No Email To Trace?
- al-Qaeda is not going to take over Iraq
- A Deal Is Done
- What will become of Iraq's children?
- Meanwhile In the Islamic State of Iraq
- Karma Calls: Debra Yang
- Gonzales’s Fall, Bush’s Impeachment?
- Bush's Boy In Baghdad
- BushWorld: A Failed Experiment
- Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
- Rove and Abu G: Last Of The Texas Mafia
- Bush's Top Ten Mistakes in Iraq during the Past 4 ...
- Stephen Morris: Mea Culpa Minimalis
- Neocons in Cheney's Office Fund al Qaeda-Tied Grou...
- "Sovereign" Iraq?
- The Walls Start To Crumble
- Goosey Goosey Gander
- Bush's GOP: Shocked, Shocked At Voter Fraud
- Antiwar Demonstrations
- Bush In Deep Denial Over Gonzales
- Baghdad Under Surge
- The War Of Error
- A Dangerous Game Of Chicken
- Iraq War Timeline: Four Long Years
- Bizarro Logic
- CurveBall Is Alive And Well
- Iraq: Where Are The Dems?
- It's All About Bush
- Gandhi has fun with racist wingnuts
- Abu G: Stalling For Time
- Dylan Hears A Who!
- In The Line Of Firing
- The 'Surge' In Propaganda
- The Way Out?
- Former Iraq minister denies theft of millions
- Who You Gonna Call?
- The Once And Future King
- Adios, Senor Gonzales
- What Is It With The GOP And Gays?
- The Failed Attorney General
- A Cloud Over The White House
- Bush visits South America
- Who's Watching Gandhi?
- Do The Right Thing
- Quelle Surprise!
- The Power Behind The Bush Throne
- Questions In The Wake Of The Libby Trial
- Libby Goes Down. Who's Next?
- Friends Like These
- Iraqi PM orders probe of British prison raid
- Wes Clark: 2001 Memo Planned War On Seven Countrie...
- Bush Back At 29%
- Blair Suggests Complete UK Pullout
- The Last Straw?
- Stocks Drop: Now Three Days Straight
- GWOT = George W's Own Terrorism
- Call Me Doug
- For Whom Steve Bell Tolls
- ▼ March (79)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)