A Washington Post-ABC News poll of 1,141 adults, conducted April 12-15, found that 58 percent trusted the Democrats in Congress to do a better job handling the situation in Iraq, compared to 33 percent who trusted Bush...I don't know how they think they are going to "win" a "war" which is not even real. But at least we are moving in the right direction.
And pessimism about the war continues to grow. For the first time, a narrow majority of Americans, 51 percent, say the United States will lose the war in Iraq, compared to 35 percent who said the United States will win. Bush continued today to say victory in Iraq is pivotal to the larger war on terrorism, but Americans are increasingly siding with the Democratic view that the issues are separate. Some 57 percent now say the United States can succeed in the war on terrorism without winning the war in Iraq, a 10-percentage point increase since January, when Americans were almost evenly divided on the question.
April 17, 2007
WaPo has a new poll:
Posted by Jaraparilla at 10:27
- ► 2009 (421)
- ► 2008 (185)
- Frank Rich: Our Poodle Press
- Sex. Sex, Sex. And Rice.
- Qui Custodiat Democrats?
- Bush's Whore-Monger In Chief
- Look! Up In The Sky!
- Wazzup With The Impeachment Thing?
- Was Young Kevin Rudd Buggered By A Priest
- AttorneyGate: The Big Picture
- Kucinich Calls For Cheney Impeachment
- Bolfobitz The Banker
- The US president's men in dire straits
- Report On Haditha
- Gonna Find Out Who's Naughty And Nice
- US Democrats Still Want to Win "Economically" In I...
- Who Controls The GOP Machine?
- Back To Ground Zero
- Tom the Dancing Bug
- Argentina , Te Quiero
- Winning In Iraq
- Is George W. Bush Reading "Bush Out"!!!?
- US Citizens Want OUT Of A Losing War
- Coming Soon: George Tenet's Revenge
- Bush Personally OK'ed Iglesias Firing
- Clinical Demolition
- The Privileged Excutive and his Privileged Ass-kis...
- Wolfie Says Sorry
- WaPo's #1 Editor Is A Horse's Ass
- A Good Look At Baghdad
- Bush Starts Destroying The Evidence
- Divide And Conquer?
- There's Nobody Left But Barney and Laura
- Yo, Condi!
- Some Day I'll Fly Away
- Bush Nearly Kills Himself
- Working From Home?
- This blog is NOT endorsed by the WSJ.
- How to Get Out of Iraq
- Why Is Cheney Blaming Al Zarqawi for Sammara Bombi...
- Cheney The Nervous Lurker
- ▼ April (39)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)