May 31, 2009

MUST READ???

Richard A. Clarke -- Cheney and Rice Remember 9/11. I Do, Too. - washingtonpost.com
Shortly after the second World Trade Center tower was hit, I burst in on Rice (then the president's national security adviser) and Cheney in the vice president's office and remember glimpsing horror on his face. Once in the bomb shelter, Cheney assembled his team while the crisis managers on the National Security Council staff coordinated the government response by video conference from the Situation Room. Many of us thought that we might not leave the White House alive. I remember the next day, too, when smoke still rose from the Pentagon as I sat in my office in the White House compound, a gas mask on my desk.

You have to wonder whether Clarke - an old associate of O'Neill, remember - would even WANT to suggest that it was all a false flag op (not that he would be allowed to publish that).
Seems to me like this article has been carefully crafted to just keep the pressure on Cheney et al. The comments are where the real action is at, especially because the big papers so seldom go anywhere near these stories.

3 comments:

Bukko Boomeranger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bukko Boomeranger said...

I like to dip into the comments too at the WaPoo, just to get an idea of the general tone of discourse in the Benighted States. (As representative as comment sections populated by opinionated trolls can be, that is.) I often wonder how many of the reich wingnuts are real, and how many are paid Astroturfers. If you're ever skimming through and see "Bukkonen," that's me!

I think it was via the Post that I first found your blog, G. It was even before they had comments, back when I'd occasionally click on the blog links that they had listed.

(Reposted to correct slight spelling error.)

Jaraparilla said...

Heh! Back in those days, I used to actively target WaPo stories because I knew I would get hits from their "Who's Blogging" links. I knew the USA was a disease that would affect the world if it wasn't contained, so I was desperate to target the source.

Like they say on TV:

"A pity we couldn't save the patient..."

Anyway, I'd love to think that this story of Clarke, O'Neill et all might one day come out. It would make a fine Hollywood movie, if nothing else...

Pages

Blog Archive