Britain's Parliament speaker quits over expenses
While it's great to see a few bums turfed out of Westminster, I do find it strange that British voters are more outraged about expenses being rorted than a million people dying in Iraq (let alone their own soldiers).
Also interesting that the speaker was a former sheet metal worker and trade unionist - it's always hard to accept the label "left wing" when that implies union support and the unions are so corrupt themselves.
UPDATE: Great minds think alike. Here's Steve Bell:
- Those 9/11 Commission Minders Again by Kevin Fento...
- Support The Troops!!!
- For Fuck's Sake
- Yeah, That Might Work
- Crazy Talk?
- MUST READ???
- the best democracy money can buy
- Dogs Come Back To Sniff Their Droppings, Don't The...
- Project For A New Chinese Century (PNCP)
- The view from pyongyang
- Jews Behaving Like Nazis
- Rich, Rich, Rich!!!
- Where Do Old Crusaders Go To Die?
- Crying Ass Titty Baby Downer Still Not Taking Resp...
- One Simple Basic Fact That Will Never Die
- Nothing's Really Changed
- Naughty Naughty
- Of Course Cheney Was Behind It
- Los Del Aborigenes
- Next Time They Will Lock Up The Bloggers (Or Kill ...
- Leo and Cara Take a Holiday
- Was It Worth It?
- Good Luck To Them!!!
- Selective Outrage?
- Swanson On Zelikow
- Glimmers of Hope?
- So It Begins
- $3,100 To Destroy Democracy
- No One Can Resist!
- Good Stuff
- Zelikow's Memo Released
- What George Hath Wrought
- Destroy The Evidence
- Keep Twisting That Knife, Peter
- The Enemy Of My Enemy
- Ethinc Tension On Our Doorstep!!!
- Terror On Our Doorstep!!!
- Not Surprised But Still...
- How to make money from Austalia's coming housing c...
- Zelikow To Testify
- Good Call
- Fingering The Dick
- More Fuel For The Conspiracy Theory Fires
- Umm... Aren't the credit rating agencies the ones ...
- Trusted Sources
- Having just sold my house, should I pay off my cre...
- Crazy Dick
- Well he would say that wouldn't he?
- Yous Are All Terrrrrsts
- GFC: Blame Bin Laden?
- People Are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Stupid
- Well what do you think they said?
- Bye Bye Mick
- Is It A Rhetorical Question, Silvio?
- Bush's Top Spy Chief Was A Dumb Stooge
- United States Of Goldman Sachs
- Two More "Bad Apples" Located
- There's Something Rotten In The State Of Oz Defens...
- ▼ May (62)
- ► 2008 (185)
- ► 2007 (361)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)