November 29, 2006

The Case For Impeachment

WorkingForChange-Tomgram: Bringing Bush to court:
Obviously, as a private citizen, I cannot simply draft and file an indictment. Nor can I convene a grand jury. Instead, in the following pages I intend to present a hypothetical indictment to a hypothetical grand jury. The defendants are President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell. The crime is tricking the nation into war--in legal terms, conspiracy to defraud the United States. And all of you are invited to join the grand jury.

We will meet for seven days. On day one, I'll present the indictment in the morning and in the afternoon I will explain the applicable law. On days two through seven, we'll have witness testimony, presented in transcript form, with exhibits...

On day seven, when the testimony is complete, I'll leave the room to allow the grand jury to vote.
Excerpted from United States v. George W. Bush et al. by Elizabeth de la Vega.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive