February 02, 2006

Sheehan Thrown Out of Capitol, Dog Stays

Cindy Sheehan was arrested at the State of the Union speech for wearing a T Shirt with the words:
2,245 Dead. How many more?
Here's her story:
I had just sat down and I was warm from climbing 3 flights of stairs back up from the bathroom so I unzipped my jacket. I turned to the right to take my left arm out, when the same officer saw my shirt and yelled, "Protester." He then ran over to me, hauled me out of my seat and roughly (with my hands behind my back) shoved me up the stairs...

I have lost my son. I have lost my First Amendment rights. I have lost the country that I love. Where did America go? I started crying in pain.
As Mike Moore notes, an Iraqi sniffer dog was allowed to occupy a seat through the whole address.

Moore's site also has coverage of the Alternative State Of The Union meeting, in which two Democrat Reps called on Congress to censure or impeach Bush.

UPDATE: Sheehan has already said he is going to sue for wrongful arrest. Now a U.S. Capitol Police oficer has admitted: "We screwed up." He says charges against Sheehan will be dropped. I hope Sheehan doesn't drop her law suit.

No comments:

Pages

Blog Archive