There need to be hearings now about this deeply compromised commission. Rove and Zelikow must be issued subpoenas, as should the telecom companies to get their cell phone records of all communications between Zelikow and senior officials at the White House. Accountability and transparency are hallmarks of a healthy government beholden to the people it serves. With this Commission we got neither and as a result the entire Commission Report must be called into question. A new investigation is now required to do what the Zelikow Commission did not do, fulfill its mandate to provide a "full accounting of the facts and circumstances" surrounding the September 11th attacks.
9/11 CitizensWatch, which I served as Co-Director, was the first to formally call for the resignation of Zelikow, closely followed by the Jersey widows of the 9/11 Family Steering Committee. We were far more right and justified than we even knew at the time. And now that we know this about Zelikow and we know that the Commission failed to answer 70% of the questions posed by the Family Steering Committee the case is now clear the U.S. Government must convene a new investigation, this time, co-chaired by a member of the 9/11 Family Steering Committee and a formally appointed public advocate who sits with the Commissioners. But first hearings are in order and should be conducted immediately by the House Oversight Committee and Senate Government Affairs Committee. It's time to do right by the victims, their families and the nation and re-open this 9/11 investigation. Chairman Kean and Vice-Chair Hamilton should be called upon to fully support this new investigation in light of their betrayal of their promise to conduct a full and fair independent investigation.
9/11 CitizensWatch will soon issue an open letter to the Congress on this issue. And one to the former Commissions and staff. Look for it ahead of the release of Shenon's book on the 5th.
Kyle F. Hence
February 01, 2008
9/11 Citizenswatch calls for subpoenas:
Posted by Jaraparilla at 14:07
- ► 2009 (421)
- Turkey Is In Iraq to Stay
- Should The USA Bail Out Bush's Bankers?
- Stewart Makes Fun of McCain at Oscars
- Blogging For Fun, Fame And Fortune (Or Not)
- Is John McCain Really "The One"?
- Worst. President. Ever.
- Blogging Sucks
- Everywhere Is War
- Political Blogs and Opinions
- Is It Time To Bomb Iran, Dick?
- LA Voting Irregularities
- Saudi Witchery? Or Just Pure Evil?
- Who Did Ted Rall Vote For?
- Turn, turn, turn...
- Gandhi's Blogs: A Visual Journey
- "Die, You Bastards"
- Eight Years Of Bush: A Crisis Of Intelligence
- Yes we have no permanent bases
- Yet Another Bush "Conspiracy Theory" Revealed
- Who's Gonna Be Left Holding The Bag? Who's Gonna B...
- Where Do You Go To, My Lovelies?
- Why The Dems Haven't Stopped The War(s)
- Try To See It My Way
- Where Now For the Bush Coalition?
- US Voters Are Wierd
- Where's That Iranian Oil Bourse?
- Bush's USA Crosses A Dangerous Line
- More On Those Cable Cuts
- What Makes A Conservative Tick?
- Viva Ihara!
- Towards A Better World
- US Elections: Just A Scam?
- Who's Cutting The Cables?
- Demand A New 9/11 Investigation
- Sibel Edmonds Must be Heard!
- MUST READ: THE SAUDI PAKISTAN LINK TO 911
- Welcome To The Club
- Karl Rove Gets A Job
- Why Were The Tapes Destroyed?
- What Are The Odds Of War With Iran This Week?
- Who Are The Real Anti-Semites?
- They Do Book Reviews
- Mental Retards
- Could It Have Something To Do With OIL?
- Questions For Zelikow And Rove
- Lunatics Running The Asylum: Top Bush Officials Wo...
- The Truth Will Out
- The Bribes Didn't Work
- Commission Confidential
- Yae, Though I Speak With The Tongues Of An Angel.....
- Zelikow Held Secret Meetings With Rove
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2007 (361)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)