It looks like the Bush GOP is degenerating into farce as they approach the November election. I mean, GOP candidates complaining about vote-rigging? C'mon! We've also seen big-note wingnut windbags like Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter slamming the party's nominal candidate, John "Bomb Bomb" McCain. So my question is this: where is the Bush Coalition going?
For some time, I have been concerned about what we anti-Bush activist might call the next incarnation of the cabal which brought Dubya to power. All this "anti-Bush" talk about "Bush Co" and the "Bushites" and so forth will be out-of-date once Bush is gone, and since he is clearly just a puppet leader, pushed forward as a cheerleading front-man for his backers, I have long thought that we progressive activists need a more all-encompassing term for our very powerful enemies.
Now it is starting to look like the opportunistic coalition which brought Bush to power - including Christian fundamentalists, the military-industrial complex, and Big Oil - might be breaking apart.
I suspect that is largely due to genuine Christian concerns about the continuing chaos and death in Iraq: the Christian evangelist leaders need to take their base's concerns on board. To this extent, the battle between McCain and Huckabee can perhaps be seen as a stark example of the battle for the GOP's dead, grey soul.
So what happens next? Does Bush's GOP degenerate into a farcical parody of itself, as has happened with Blair's New Labor and Howard's Liberals? Where do the power-brokers and Big Money men who brought us Bush go then?
- ► 2009 (421)
- Turkey Is In Iraq to Stay
- Should The USA Bail Out Bush's Bankers?
- Stewart Makes Fun of McCain at Oscars
- Blogging For Fun, Fame And Fortune (Or Not)
- Is John McCain Really "The One"?
- Worst. President. Ever.
- Blogging Sucks
- Everywhere Is War
- Political Blogs and Opinions
- Is It Time To Bomb Iran, Dick?
- LA Voting Irregularities
- Saudi Witchery? Or Just Pure Evil?
- Who Did Ted Rall Vote For?
- Turn, turn, turn...
- Gandhi's Blogs: A Visual Journey
- "Die, You Bastards"
- Eight Years Of Bush: A Crisis Of Intelligence
- Yes we have no permanent bases
- Yet Another Bush "Conspiracy Theory" Revealed
- Who's Gonna Be Left Holding The Bag? Who's Gonna B...
- Where Do You Go To, My Lovelies?
- Why The Dems Haven't Stopped The War(s)
- Try To See It My Way
- Where Now For the Bush Coalition?
- US Voters Are Wierd
- Where's That Iranian Oil Bourse?
- Bush's USA Crosses A Dangerous Line
- More On Those Cable Cuts
- What Makes A Conservative Tick?
- Viva Ihara!
- Towards A Better World
- US Elections: Just A Scam?
- Who's Cutting The Cables?
- Demand A New 9/11 Investigation
- Sibel Edmonds Must be Heard!
- MUST READ: THE SAUDI PAKISTAN LINK TO 911
- Welcome To The Club
- Karl Rove Gets A Job
- Why Were The Tapes Destroyed?
- What Are The Odds Of War With Iran This Week?
- Who Are The Real Anti-Semites?
- They Do Book Reviews
- Mental Retards
- Could It Have Something To Do With OIL?
- Questions For Zelikow And Rove
- Lunatics Running The Asylum: Top Bush Officials Wo...
- The Truth Will Out
- The Bribes Didn't Work
- Commission Confidential
- Yae, Though I Speak With The Tongues Of An Angel.....
- Zelikow Held Secret Meetings With Rove
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2007 (361)
- ► 2006 (2154)
- ► 2005 (1244)
- ► 2004 (1728)